Monday, January 16, 2012

A wedding in the family

In my previous post I told you that my parents were visiting me. What I did not mention, was that they were visiting Delhi for a family wedding. Here I am sharing some of the wedding pictures and family pictures. You can see some of my family members in this post.


It was wedding of my second cousin. You can see the bride in red. She is a doctor and now stays in UK.


Bride and her sister (in orange).


To extreme right is my dad. On his left his younger cousin brother (my uncle and it was his daughter's wedding. He is also a doctor and stays overseas). Then Yours Truly. And with me, is my aunt (bride's mom). She is also a doctor.


Yours Truly with her dad. Have I ever mentioned what all does he do? He is an engineer. He has his own factory that manufactures transformers. He is also a jeweler and you often see me wearing jewelry from his showroom. His hobby is playing cards. He plays cards 365 (maybe more than that) days a year. 


With my niece- above and below. She is young, pretty, intelligent girl. Always fun to meet.


To my right is my cousin brother and to my left my cousin sister. My sister too is a doctor (very famous one and even owns her own hospital). Along with her is my niece (my cousin brother's daughter. He is on my right).


On extreme left is my cousin sister. Then her husband. (They both are doctors and own their hospital). Then my another cousin and then on my right is his daughter and my niece.


On my left is my another cousin brother. He is an architect. We have all grown up together in the same house, in a joint family. 


On my right is wife of my cousin brother. She is an interior decorator and he is an architect. You can see her holding their little one (hidden). You can see me holding my little niece, when she was born, here on this blog post.


And now, Yours Truly. All these pictures are shot by my niece. Must say she did a good job.








My lehenga was inspired by this.


It has been done by my designer friend. You have seen her in my blog before.


Secret of my lehenga. This has been revamped from a Duppatta (scarf) of a suit that I had worn in my bidaai/doli (when the bride leaves her maternal home). It was given to me by my in laws. It has very rich pure zari work on it. That cannot be made in the present day. 
I would not have worn it as it is. So I sat with my designer friend and she revamped it for me. You have seen the result above.







No comments:

Post a Comment