Thursday, August 5, 2010

Few Must have beauty products

It has been a while since I discussed the beauty products on my blog.
While I have in my previous blog post already written about my favorite La Mer, I can still swear by this product. Every day, I fall more deeply in love with every product from La Mer. I personally use, their Diamond scrub, Miracle creme, Serum, Lip Balm, Under Eye creme.


Yes, it is expensive, but like I have said earlier, it is worth every penny. 

Now few other products, that I have not mentioned so far in my previous posts.

There is a company called Sundaram. They basically are based in Himalayas and sell their selected products only in few exhibitions of Delhi. They are so good that I actually wait for their exhibition, which they put up just twice a year. Do check their website. In fact, they have beautiful and very exotic gift boxes too that I love giving to my friends. All their products are very eco friendly and specially hand crafted. 

There is another beauty product, my friend introduced me and I bless her for this. It is Touche Eclat by YSL.




Now this last one I am going to mention is not a beauty product but rather a hygiene product and that is hand sanitizer. This is a must have for me. No specific company, but I keep one everywhere. In my work place, in my car, in my bag (purse). In fact, I have read so many people describing in their blogs as to what is in their wallet/bag. And I was surprised to find this, one, very important thing missing from every one's list. In my bag, I would not carry many/any beauty products-lipsticks, mascaras, etc but what is a must have is a hand sanitizer. Besides, this must have, my bag would also always have a band aid, a safety pin, a miniature bottle of perfume. 

When it comes to beauty/make up, I am very sure as to exactly what I want. I do not experiment much. I do not visit beauty parlors much (except for a hair cut). Surprised? Yes, I can do, every bit,  simply, effectively, confidently, proudly, on my own. I have done TV shoots and handled my own make up. Attended weddings and functions, where people were panicking for a beauticians (who would do a shoddy job of applying pan cake on their faces), I would be comfortable doing my own thing. In fact, I think, I can do these jobs of manicure, pedicure, blow dry, make up, threading, hair color, etc etc, better than any beautician (only for my own self). Self reliant. You see. 
Besides, I never get confused in a store selling a range of beauty products from range of different companies, as to which one should I buy. I exactly know which are the ones meant for me. I have seen people pondering and spending hours with testers, smelling various perfumes. Blahhhh....Cmmon, it is your body, your face. You should be sure of what you really want. 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous post, La Mer products are awesome!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your post. I am not that knowledgeable to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. again its a friendly visit for my friendly blogger in a friendly manner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will chk. Sundaram. I don't use any cosmetics. If they are natural I would give a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know about the first two products..but seeing how you swear by them i think i will give la mer a try ..definitely..iam also the types who don't like getting makeup done by beauticians..most of the times (except on my wedding ) i do my own thing..whatever i can that is :)

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am fond of antural products so rose water, almond oil and sandal product s specially in this summer.

    ReplyDelete