Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pampered, Relaxed, Rejuvenated

15th Aug, Independence day, plus a Sunday. The day was spent in absolute luxury. I just wanted to relax, unwind and pamper myself. I woke up late (which is the biggest luxury for me. My work schedules never allow me to sleep till late). Prepared my own exotic exfoliating scrubs, pampered myself with cremes. Sat in my personal steam and sauna. Evening, I went with family to Smokehouse Deli in DLF Promenade where I sipped their mock tail- lemonade with cantaloupe chunks, kiwi and cucumber. I am absolutely refreshed.

Dress: Bought in Bali. Forgotten the name of the shop. It was some random roadside shop.
Clutch- Chanel



Shoes: Guess

Now these shoes have a hilarious story. Me and my friend were shopping together. And we both liked the same shoe (of course in different sizes). We chose and went up to the cashier to pay.
Now, we of course, wanted our own separate bags and bills (because one of us was paying by card and one by cash). So we specified to the cashier that we wanted them packed separately and billed separately. In the meanwhile, we were busy in our girlie gossip and giggles. 
Now first the person conveniently gave us one common bag. We asked him again, to pack it separately. So he did it. Next, he billed us together and insisted that we could pay together. Now there was a queue behind us, waiting to pay and were getting impatient with this whole thing. This is where, I lost my cool and retorted to him- We have been asking you for separate bills. Why are you still giving it to us together. Do we look like husband and wife to you? Everyone who was standing there, laughed and the cashier was really embarrassed and my friend felt so amused. Till date, we associate our shoes, with that husband wife thing and laugh about it. Till date, she teases me," how could you come up with a statement like that?" But we had fun.


Guruji's Knowledge Sheet: Samadhi
A single cell becomes the whole body. Somewhere it is nails, somewhere it is nose and tongue but all is a manifestation of a single cell. In the same way, the entire universe is made up of a single substance.
Remembering and FEELING that everything is made up of one thing heals the body and mind and balances the doshas in the body (vata, pitta and kapha). This is savitarkasamadhi. Savitarka samadhi means equanimity with logical awareness.
Deep sleep can be jada samadhi (equanimity with inertia). And hence, sleep is the main factor in healing. Even medicines will not help without sleep and rest.Samadhi with ecstasy has no logic. This is nirvitarka samadhi, awareness with bliss.Nirvitarka samadhi is even beyond the experience of bliss, undefinable beyond words.

- Sri Sri

|| Jai Guru Dev ||

6 comments:

  1. Oh My Guru! Oh My Guru!-- I LOVE your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Glad you had a relaxing weekend. Hilarious shoe story. Thank God the shoe shop was not in San Francisco. The sales clerk would have really believed what you asked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *********--,_
    ********['****'*********\*******`''|
    *********|*********,]
    **********`._******].
    ************|***************__/*******-'*********,'**********,'
    *******_/'**********\*********************,....__
    **|--''**************'-;__********|\*****_/******.,'
    ***\**********************`--.__,'_*'----*****,-'
    ***`\*****************************\`-'\__****,|
    ,--;_/*******HAPPY INDEPENDENCE*_/*****.|*,/
    \__************** DAY **********'|****_/**_/*
    **._/**_-,*************************_|***
    **\___/*_/************************,_/
    *******|**********************_/
    *******|********************,/
    *******\********************/
    ********|**************/.-'
    *********\***********_/
    **********|*********/
    ***********|********|
    ******.****|********|
    ******;*****\*******/
    ******'******|*****|
    *************\****_|
    **************\_,/

    Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I had to laugh at your story about the separate bills! Glad you had a relaxing day full of pampering :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  5. its really very nice and informative posting thanks for sharing this with us..

    http://www.bestsmssite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your style of writing. Simple and as if you are on a conversation mode. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete