Thursday, July 7, 2011

Amita's Khow Suey

This is my friend Amita. She belongs to my own home town, Jalandhar. She is a qualified lawyer. She runs an extremely successful catering business. Her super speciality is Khow Suey. In fact, if you want to have Burmese Khow Suey, there is no one else, who can make it better than her. Her Khow Suey is so well known that there are special stalls in marriages catered by her. If you want to have a get together at your own place, for friends, parties, etc, she caters. She also has her own stall in many places like Golf Course etc.


Khow Suey is essentially a one-dish meal comprising of noodles in a soup of curried vegetables in coconut milk, served with a variety of contrasting accompaniments. Each person can individually mix the rich array of accompaniments to create their own original taste sensation. The ingredients that make the difference are fried garlic, coriander, lemon juice, fried onions and chillies.


There are so many fancy restaurants in Delhi, which serve fancy dishes. But there is only one- Amita's Khow Suey. And if you have not tried it, you are definitely missing something in life.





 Seen in the picture above is vegetarian Kathal (Jackfruit) Biryani.


Above are two very unique salads by Amita. The second one had grated coconut, corn, carrots, Capsicum, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Woww all this looks fab!!!! thanks for sharing kiran!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm..it seems deliciuos! Congrat!
    Come back soon to visit my blog!
    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. :)

    Yes, I want to follow each other. :))
    I follow you now. Pls, visit my blog again. :)

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the food on the table looks so delicious and inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cooks make khow suey sometimes. Apparently it is tasty, but I don't know because they make it with chicken stock and chicken curry :(
    The khattal biryani looks yummy!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! The food looks amazing! I bet it was delicious.

    I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks good! I know this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Khow Suey look to be very delicious by the description you gave. I'll love to have Amita's Khow Suey if I get a chance.

    I hope we can manage without chillies. I start scratching my head even if there's a little bit of chilli in it.

    ReplyDelete