Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nike Run Club

Running is a great Activity. We are going to have Airtel Half Marathon in Delhi. The official sponsor for the same is Reebok. But parallel programs are being run by Nike. And they are the ones which are really good. I have been hired by Nike to train their members who enroll for their run club.

Unlike Reebok, who train people only till the marathon, Nike Run club, would continue all year round. It is already a huge success in Bangalore. In Delhi, we have started our training on Wednesday and Saturday- 6-8 AM in Leisure Valley in Gudgaon. It is very dedicated and professionally managed club. We have kiosks where we register, give Nike shoes for trial runs, have security deposits for runners who want to leave their car keys, cellphones etc to run, serve refreshments, water etc and we also record each member's pace, timings and email them individually. I am responsible for each member's warm up, cool down, calisthenics, any questions they may have about their training, health, fitness, etc. I also push them to run and achieve their maximum potential. They are all training for half marathon and enjoying it so much that they would continue this all year round. We are soon going to spread to the other parts of the city as well.

Nike also has a partner in this event called runnersforlife.
I had heard of Hash House Harriers. They also have the same club in Delhi. But what Nike is doing to promote running is the best that any company is doing.

So if you are wanting to run with me and train with me, join me in the Nike Run Club.

4 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I ran. I used to love running but now I prefer other forms of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Agnes. Yes everybody now seems to prefer low impact exercises. They are also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running...gives ur body the most liberating feeling on Earth!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ keshi yes running does release endorphins which makes you feel happy and good.

    ReplyDelete