Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ambika Pillai's flagship salon

Ambika Pillai and I have known each other for years- over a decade. Once it was her weekend off and on that weekend, early in the morning, I had to get a fancy hair done. She was not working and her salon in Panchsheel was not to open at that early hour. I remember,  she drove to her salon specially to do my hair. It was just Ambika and me in the salon, early in the morning, on a weekend. We chatted about Aishwarya Rai, whose make up and hair she had, at that time, done in Hum Dil de chuke Sanam and Aishwarya had come to her salon launch. That was my first interaction with Ambika. After doing my fabulous hair do, on her work off day, she refused to charge me. I had VERY long hair then. Everytime, I would go to her to get them cut, she would refuse to cut my thick, long, black hair. She kept dissuading me from cropping them short. It happened 10 times, till I really coaxed her into it and she had to give in.  That is how we became friends.

Unlike other make up artists in Delhi, who look like a "make up ki dukaan" themselves, Ambika is such a sweetheart. Today also when I asked her to pose for my this picture, she asked, "why me?". She is cute, thorough professional, good at her job, very caring, warm hearted person. She takes care of her staff so well. She takes them on holidays- both in India and abroad. She takes care of her clients so well. Each of her client goes happy and satisfied. No wonder she has earned a great repute for herself in the industry.


Today, over wine and cheese, Ambika launched her flagship salon in South Extension-2. Ayushmann Khurrana of Vicky Donor fame was there to do the lamp lightening ceremony. But besides that was all the designer fraternity, all the models, like Noyonika Chatterjee, etc. Ambika has such a good will that everyone comes for her support.



This is what the card read.



It is a huge salon. Rather, "grand" is more appropriate word. And breathtakingly beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment