Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Tango friends who make me smile

My Tango friends overseas are wonderful. Here is an example of our conversation which made me smile cheek to cheek.

Me: Oh! I miss milongas there. The quality dancers there. I am getting frustrated. I have my lovely students here, who are progressing so well and I have my own Tango community which is wonderful but I miss dancing with____, ___ and ____ there.
My Tango friend: It is OK. You just need pair of new shoes.

What my friend said was partly true but also what I said was so true. I love my students. We are doing so well together- classes, practicas, practilongas, milongas. I am just so proud of them. We are one big family. But having said that, I do crave to be back in Argentina soon.

Another conversation with another Tanguera

Me: Have you heard about this Tango teacher? Is she good? They claim she has 25 years of dancing experience.
My super advanced Tango friend from Argentina: That teacher with 25 years of dancing experience? If I dance like her after 25 years of experience, please come and shoot me.

And since then I have not stopped smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment