Monday, December 6, 2010

Another vintage dress

The dress I am wearing is again about 25 year or so old and I had worn it as a teenager. (Yes, I just revealed my age). I have not got it altered. In Dusk's words, it is in "mint condition". To know more about mint condition, read Dusk's blog post here.
My dad got it for me from UK. It is very British (kind of like Lady Diana Spencer- I am so awestruck of her).
Now here I have to admit that my dad's choice is fabulous. Be it jewelry, clothes, sarees, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, whatever, he has brought for us women, has been our favorite, has never gone out of fashion or trend, has been the best quality that we have so proudly used and reused and never felt like discarding. There is something Timeless- Eternal, about the things, that dad gets. And he has always brought very expensive and high end brands for us.
Dad why don't you get dresses for us anymore? We still like/appreciate your choice. Why do you think that we are now too grown up?






Shoes: These are 12 year old footwear, that I got from Tokyo. These are the highest heels that I own. Yet they are extremely comfortable. I can practically jog in these. These really come handy when I have to intimidate a shortie. (Mean no?)

See me in the same dress when I was 25 year younger


6 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing. I love vintage jeans.....i go and buy them at all odd places possible.....i alter them..... there are some 70's shirts i got from my uncles.... they are pretty cool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you in your vintage dress. I won't fit into my 25 year old dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it interesting that you still have that T-Shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahah Laughing at "the Jog in these heals " but I know aap toh kuch bhi kar sakte ho!

    Truly classy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice dress
    like your heels also

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress too!! Yes, Papa should get more clothes for us

    ReplyDelete