Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moody dressing

I dress up according to my own moods. Nothing else can decide or define that. No norm, no social pressure, no- who will say what or think what. This does not bother me one bit. As long as I like what I am doing/wearing, as long as I am comfortable, as long as I think, I can carry an outfit, that is it. Then I go ahead and wear it. And then I hate it, if any other person tries to dictate.
I would not be tied in a particular image and try to please others to wear things for them. I will use my own discretion and my judgement and be appropriately dressed.
Like some people expect from a fitness trainer, that I dress in Track pants and T shirts, 24/7. Well, I have my life beyond my work.
Others expect, from an Art of Living devotee- Oh how can she wear short dresses? Well, I have my life beyond that too.
Some people expect me to dress in a particular manner according to my age- 41 (to be precise). Why? Age is just a number. If I like something, and I want to wear it, I will wear it.
Today my mood was very domesticated, sit and chill at home. And I chose to wear this. Again, my mood decides, not my image or so many roles that I play. My regular blog readers know that it is very very rare that I wear a Salwar Kameez. Because I hardly own many of them.

I am wearing a Kashmiri hand embroidered Salwar Kameez: Available at

Kashmir Shawl Emporium, Opposite Mc Donald
94, MM, Janpath, New Delhi.
It is the best place to buy Kashmiri shawls, pashminas, stoles, scarves, mufflers, suits, jackets, etc.






Intricate Kashmiri hand embroidery called Aari work




7 comments:

  1. very nice Kiran! Fact is - you look good in anything you wear. I love the embroidery on that suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower working is amazing! Beautiful!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Come enter my skull bracelet giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Love!! How pretty are you *touchwood* One day I will also be THIS pretty!

    Thanks
    jgd

    ReplyDelete
  4. the embroidery is just gorgeous! and u look good in this salwaar kammez... i think this is the first pic of urs that i have seen in one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! :) Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog, I do appreciate it!

    You look very nice, it is a beautiful dress! XO Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. After many years of hating salwar kameezes, I have recently started wearing them more often and I actually love them now. They are so comfortable and can be very feminine as well! I especially love the longer styles that have come into fashion these days. The one you are wearing is very pretty and figure-flattering!

    ReplyDelete