Saturday, February 12, 2011

Necessity is a mother of Invention

Confession- I am not so good or rather, am bad at mixing and matching, layering, etc.
In fact, my fashion, interiors of my home, approach to life, is all described by the word- "minimalistic".
I want the look to be uncluttered, straight lined, simple, elegant and classic. Over the Top, can never be "me". I am seldom experimental.
But as the title of the post says- Necessity is the mother of invention.

Today, I had to attend few parties, one after the other, with no time in between to come back and change.
Plus they were all little far from home.
So I had to use my brains to be appropriately dressed for each occasion.

Of course, I came back home and self clicked the pictures. By the end of evening, as you can see, all the make up is gone and the outfit is no more as fresh. But just to give an idea, how I varied my attire.

This is what I wore for a friend's engagement party



This is what I wore to a another friend's hen party


This is how I muted the whole shimmery look down for a quick business meeting in between.


And here is the footwear that carried me throughout.


Have you ever faced such days, where you had to transform your look from one to another- Indian, western, formal, casual? How do you handle it?








2 comments:

  1. like a magic show ,transformation from one dress to another ! But freshness maintained
    ,morning till evening ,looked the same !

    ReplyDelete
  2. aap to awesome ho! This is the best innovation I'e seen. So good:)

    ReplyDelete