Saturday, November 13, 2010

Beautiful Food

I am a bad cook and even worse eater (is there such word in English?). But the fact is, I eat small, am always thinking and eating and have a bad appetite. In fact, if you send me to one of those reality shows where contestants have to do some tasks, I think I will perform well in every task- some push ups, rock climbing, balance, bla bla bla. But when it will come to tasks where they have to compete as to who eats more, I will give up without trying. What is the point? I accept. I would stand no chance. When I hear people say- I had this many drinks last night, I wonder, HOW? I mean, I cannot even have 5 glasses of water in one go. How do people have bottles and bottles of drinks. 


Anyway. My mom always complains that I do not pay attention to my food. But on the contrary, my sister, she eats her food with lot of love. I do not mean, she eats big amount. But she would really decorate her plate, put a bowl of yogurt, salad, pickle, vegetables, etc etc. And, much to her irritation, then I always ask her, "Can I eat from your plate?" I have a reason in doing so. 


1. I get to eat from a well decorated plate.
2. I can eat less and feel full.
3. I feel satisfied that I did not pick a plate and eat. I only shared from her. Ha ha.


But the bottom line is, that food, for me, has more of a visual appeal than hunger satisfying appeal. I like to see a well decorated food and I get satisfied. Actually, my craving is satiated. I think, I have trained my taste buds like this. But it works for me.


Sometimes, I just stand and look admiringly at a bakery shop. Not because my mouth is watering but because, I LIKE looking at beautiful foods. At a party, I might not eat at the whole spread but I have to lovingly look at each thing. Sometimes, when I visit a person who does not know me enough, I face a difficult situation. Because, everything, they would offer me to drink or eat, I would refuse. Simply because, I do not drink tea, coffee, milk, aerated drinks, alcohol. What are the choices left? I would not eat fried snacks. Yes, a difficult guest.


Anyhow, here are some pictures of foods that I would not eat ever but I like to eat them visually.















6 comments:

  1. beautiful
    some will do not know this art and keep wasting the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you. Decoration of food is almost essential these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like beautiful food, but unlike you I really enjoy the process of eating. I don't usually decorate my plate because the food is hardly down on the table before it is all gone :P haha. Apart from the taste, I love the ritual that goes with food, and sitting down on a table to a family meal - that's always my favorite part :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like beautiful food, but unlike you I really enjoy the process of eating. I don't usually decorate my plate because the food is hardly down on the table before it is all gone :P haha. Apart from the taste, I love the ritual that goes with food, and sitting down on a table to a family meal - that's always my favorite part :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garnishing food is an art and so is vegeteable and fruit carving. But can't eat monkeys and heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very entertaining post,it's so good that you get satisfied by just looking at the food,I love eating it too much actually and I had to train myself about portion control and healthy eating

    ReplyDelete